What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Friday, June 5, 2015

Step Right Up!


Before I forget! Yesterday, Thursday, was quite the day of mixed emotions for me. I say that because I try every day to do things and act in a way that I think are right. Each day produces some kind of effort. Yesterday was a day of ups and downs. Let me just highlight the part that went especially well. My neighbor came to my front door to talk with me about something that is happening in our neighborhood. I am happy about the fact that this neighbor feels like they can come to my house, knock on my door, and feel confidant that I will answer it and listen to them. We live on three acres, as does everyone else on our street, and driving up a long driveway to knock at a front door seems incredible to me. I wouldn't have done that myself in Concord where we lived previously. And our area is sort of tricky-people like to be left alone. But, as I said, this neighbor is just fine with that and I hope that she always feels welcomed.

Today, Friday, I feel particularly lucky. Or blessed. Or aware of the goodness that has come my way. I was able to teach a class today at our local art gallery. The fact that people would pay money to come and listen to me and actually get something from the situation, well, that is really something. I am so very thankful.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.