What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Moonstruck

Backyard Moon-Libby Fife 2015
I have always wanted to take a shot of the moon in the AM so, no time like the present!

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I noticed that the moon was shining through my window quite brightly. I got up to look and saw that the moon was sort of an orange color but was glowing strongly and illuminating my front yard. I saw the trees, the shed and the driveway all lit up as if there was a search light trained on them. This morning when I woke up the moon was then in the backyard over our hillside. I went and got my camera and tried out several settings before I got the above shot.

Today during my time in the Bay Area, I went to several stores to do my shopping. As I looked around at the shoppers I realized that everyone in the store was doing the same set of things: walking around, looking, thinking about a need or want that they had, and deciding whether or not to purchase something. It was quite a revelation to realize that there can be such a collective and mundane experience like that. I was reminded of that scene in the movie Moonstruck in which all of the characters experience the sight of the moon at the same time and have different reactions. And yet it is there shared experience of that moon which ties them all together for just that moment, regardless of their circumstances.

It's easy to overlook that we are all connected on some level and in some way. I am beginning to understand though that it's possible to detect the divine in these everyday connections; these common and sort of random experiences that we can all see and understand. It's just a matter of paying attention and connecting the dots.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.