What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Close, Far, Together and Seperate

View from 26 on the way to Moke Hill 1/15
Two things:

I start nearly every morning now with the awareness that I am alive. Recognizing that I am awake and functioning and thanking God for this miracle is part of my morning routine. I try to do this every day and most days I am successful at remembering what to do. Though I am Jewish, I learned this practice from reading a book on Jesuit life and theology.  It isn't that Jews don't engage in this kind of "prayer"; it just so happens that I learned how to do it by reading a Roman Catholic centered book. I have no prejudices these days about where or how I get my info or how I jump start my awareness.

I also start each morning by reading "news feeds." The feeds are mostly art related but some of them have to do with religion or philosophy, life and morality- in a very broad sense. I read this post , written by a Jesuit author, this morning. The post deals with the idea of public and private spaces, how children share a common need of belonging, and how people can have such radically different paths in life yet still manage to find each other. (And be found.)  In looking for "evidence" of God's presence, I am beginning to think that one of the best places to search is in the interactions between two people or groups of people. How we relate to one another, what we do for each other, and how we are present in the lives of those all around us. Even if the places seem unlikely or the people in them seem mismatched, there is still some underlying commonality that makes you aware of the presence of something greater. Just take a look:)

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.