What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Now You See It, Now You Don't!

Mt. Diablo image by Libby Fife
A smarter person than me will be able to piece this together!

I drove to the Bay Area today to have my teeth cleaned. Part of that drive takes me north on highway 680. Mt. Diablo is an ever present landmark and while driving on this particular stretch of road, the mountain chain is on my right hand side. It's visible from my dentist's office and it is visible from Heather Farms Park where I stopped to eat my lunch and then take a walk. I used to live in the city of Concord and Mt. Diablo was visible from my home too. Driving back on 580 towards Livermore you can catches glimpses of the mountain in your rear view mirror.  It's like the mountain is always there even if you aren't quite sure of it. Frankly, it's possible to feel "surrounded" by this chain of huge structures; almost like you are in a bowl of sorts. 

I included a link above to an article about the Diablo Range of which Mt. Diablo is a part. Here is what is a little crazy. I live about 2 hours away from the Bay Area now, specifically the area mentioned above. When I leave my driveway and go up the hill to the next street I can turn around and just see Mt. Diablo. From my house. Two hours away. The view eventually goes away as you get further east and north but really, I know it is still there even though I can't actively see it. And by now, the smarter person has already deduced my obvious point!

I hope anyone reading has had a great wednesday. I know I did:)
Libby


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.