What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Patterns, Awareness and Simple Gifts

Clouds over backyard hillside-photo by Libby Fife
Nature's glorious patterns. 

Maybe it's too much reading of John Muir lately but I was sure struck by the show in the sky this morning. Who needs additional adornment?

This week I published my monthly art newsletter. In it, I advocated for the simple act of observation with your six senses. The simple act of trying to notice anything in your surroundings with just one of your senses can really awaken you to what's happening. It creates an awareness. 

So, notice those clouds in the sky? Yesterday, as I sat in my studio, I realized that all of a sudden I could smell the wet cement outside. Since it is summer and dry and hot, it seemed crazy to smell any kind of moisture. Sure enough though, I looked out the window and our rocks in the driveway were indeed wet. What an unexpected gift. And I mean not only a little moisture but also the fact that I took note of things. That seems like extra icing on the cake.
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.