What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Connections

Stanislaus River-Big Trees park
As I think about the above photo of the river I wonder about all of the things that are present in that space: insects, animals, water, rocks, microscopic forms of algae, various plants,  and who knows what all else! I may not know the name of everything but I do know that much of the life in this habitat functions in an interdependent kind of way and probably on an instinctive and automatic level. There are a great many symbiotic relationships at work that aren't that dissimilar from human relationships. These animals and plants and insects are all fellow travelers with one another, even if they don't know it. And isn't that what we are as human beings? Fellow travelers with one another? We may not always recognize it on a conscious level but much like the teeming life and complex relationships in this river, that fact is always present.
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.