What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Silence and Prayer

Big Chico Creek
Pictures of creeks and any other body of water are a perennial favorite with me.  The peace and tranquility are nearly unrivaled in my mind for some of nature's greatest gifts. This particular section of creek offers a stillness that I wish I could bottle up, take home, and uncork to experience whenever I need it. We have silence here of course (we are in the country) but it's my home and so I am frequently distracted. If only I could own such a bottle and take it down from the shelf as needed. A pipe dream you say? Maybe not. 

For this post I have an article that is a good read. The author makes a case for silence, prayer and the benefits to be derived frm those practices. The link is here.
Libby

1 comment:

  1. Dear Libby- followed your link. What a beautiful post on stillness and prayer. It is a practice that if each of us followed goodness would surely abound. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.