What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Self Portrait and an Article

Self Portrait!-photo by Libby Fife 2011
Having an active internal life is both a blessing and a curse. The good news is that there is someone to be with all day. The bad news (sometimes) is that the someone is you! Integrating and accepting the various parts of your mind and body, your spirituality, your past, present and future, are all things necessary for continued growth, both mental and physical. How do you accept all parts of yourself including the ugly parts that you would like to keep stashed in the closet? It's all part and parcel of being yourself. Acceptance is the key to happiness. To being closer to God. And to a smooth and graceful, gradual slide into middle age and your older adult years. My reading has provided several takes on this idea. I offer up one today by my new favorite writer and guide, Parker Palmer. The link to the article is here. Be a little patient, read through the article, and let me know what you think. Or just digest a few bits and benefit!
Libby

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Libby- this post is very interesting. Loved the link. Parker Palmer's insights are wonderful. So enjoyed reading his thoughts. Possibly as we age we cast off our superfluous facades and really begin the deeper journey to seek the truth. In the end the truth is what sets us free. So love reading your thoughts as well as those you have read too. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.