What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Monday, May 25, 2015

World In Motion

Lake Hogan-photo by Libby Fife

While on my walk this morning, I stopped for a minute to savor the silence. For it being Memorial Day weekend, the lake is pretty empty. As I was standing there I looked around and considered how everything I could see seemed to be reaching in some way. Sounds funny but I bet if you walk out in your yard or even on the street you will start to notice that many things, including inanimate objects, seem to be in some kind of directional motion. Trees and their branches, grasses, the wires of a fence, and even the road you are standing on all seem to be reaching and running and moving in one direction or another. I am not suggesting anything profound here but it seems like all of us are constantly compelled to move somehow, to look forward or backward, to reach up for something, to sway or to walk, or simply to look up into the sky and wonder. Growing, stretching, craning our necks or stalks or stems. It sounds odd but it made me feel closely connected with everything I was seeing. And that felt profound. 

Libby

1 comment:

  1. Dear Libby- such a great observation about everything being in motion. I know I love to see the tops of trees against the sky. I can spend hours just "looking up". It gives me a sence of how small I am and how big God is! What an amazing world we live in.

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.