What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Friday, May 8, 2015

Whooosh!

Lake Alpine Access Trail-Bear Valley, CA
Dreaming of warmer days on the trail...

Trying to empty my head of thoughts is pretty tough. My mind tends to just keep right on going! As a consequence, much of my time walking is spent trying to work one thing or another out. This morning I couldn't even say for certain what it was that I was chewing on. At one point though, on the return trip, I stopped to remove my jacket. It was cold and windy but I had gotten overheated. As I stood still for a moment I keyed into the sound of the wind. It was whooshing through the trees next to me. I can't believe I missed it. As I finished up my walk I started to hear all sorts of sounds: geese, birds calling to each other, the crunch of the gravel underfoot, an airplane, some traffic from the road above, and the sound of the water. Well, I imagined the water sound I think! But, it was very nice to notice those other noises. It felt like even though I was alone I wasn't actually alone. It made me wonder just how much was really going on around me that I hadn't taken notice of before. Give it a try next time you are outside by yourself. I bet you will be amazed.

Libby



1 comment:

  1. Funny what we notice when we pay attention. Wish I could join you on one of those walks!

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.