What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Monday, May 11, 2015

New Beginnings?



Stanislaus River-Big Trees Park
Sometimes it's hard to look back and sometimes it's hard to look forward. The above photo was taken in 2013 after my heart surgery. I was so grateful to go back to this same spot where only the year before I had experienced so much physical pain. (I walked a short ways down to the river and experienced terrible chest pain.)

I bring it up now because life is an ongoing process. A life changing event doesn't necessarily change you. In some ways the heart attack and surgery have been life altering. In other ways I am still the same deeply flawed person that I was before. Looking back, even after all of that, is still disappointing. I read something last night in my Margaret Silf book. She is speaking about being just that, deeply flawed, and still understanding and accepting that God loves you regardless of your shortcomings.  She goes on to describe, ..."God's unconditional love for us, which holds our brokenness in gently sheltering hands." How can anyone be worthy of that?

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.