What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Sunday, May 3, 2015

How Many In Your Household?

image-LOC-Jack Delano
"How many in your household?"

Today we had the census taker come to our door. I have never had that happen before. We didn't turn our form in though so that is what happens I guess. In any case, the first time she came I was busy, right in the middle of painting. I was a little short with her. Maybe rude in a small way. In any case, we agreed that she would come back in half an hour. She was graciously persistent! I vowed to be much better when she returned. I was grateful that she came back and I thanked her. We completed the questionnaire and she left. 

How often do you get a do-over when dealing with people? Almost never right? A successful interaction only takes two people but you do have to try. I was glad that I made the effort and was even more glad that she was determined. The awareness of God's grace seems to happen after the fact. No matter though. I'll take it!

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.