What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Praise Song


Photo by Libby Fife

Recently, while looking at the note app. on my I Phone, I came across the quote below:
Our purpose on earth is to praise.
My note taking is often incomplete and unfortunately I didn't write down the author's name. But in looking at the quote again I love both the simplicity and the enormity of the idea. To praise something or to offer praise is to express approval of something or someone. How often do we do this I wonder, really do this in a heartfelt way? How often do we take notice of what surrounds us? And not only take notice but acknowledge, praise and give thanks. I was so moved the other day when I found this quote that I actually pulled my car over to compose some lines. I offer the following up for some thought.

Praise Song

To the sky, the bluest of all possible blues.
To the emerald green grass, the juicy red berries,
 and to the soaring hawk above.
I offer my praise for a job well done.

Cool and clear running stream, 
you have outdone yourself.
Shining stars and rising sun,
and an earth that keeps rotating despite our actions.
Keep going, we need you!

To the rain that falls,
the ground that quakes and the fires that burn.
I offer my praise despite my fear. 
Be alive!

Grazing animals, growing plants, 
and listening people.
Winds that blow and sands that shift.
Your hard work is noticed! 
Without your efforts, where would we be?

And to the Creator above, last but not least.
I praise you for your generous and loving nature,
and for a constancy of love which cannot be matched. 
In return, I promise to notice and to wonder,
and to then notice some more.
Praise be to the wonder of it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.