What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Making Time For Time

View From Backyard Rd
For me, it doesn't get much better than this shot above. Sure, that's dried grass there and there is no water in sight. Things look a little parched I guess. What is not visible though is the absolutely gorgeous weather that we are experiencing now. The temperatures are in the low to mid 80's and the breeze is very refreshing. even standing directly in the sun is tolerable; it feels very, very far away  this time of year. Blessed relief and time to enjoy all of it. 

After lunch today, I went out to the patio to have a snoozle on my new cot. I bought the cot as a treat about a month ago and have only been able to use it a few times so far because of the weather. Now that things have cooled down even a little bit, being outside feels just fine. When I was done with my nap I got up to pet Cassie (the cat) and then went to get my camera. I walked out to the very back of our yard to snap the above photo. I looked around at all of the acorns on the ground, burnt to smithereens by the sun, and had a look at the chaparral type bushes that comprise the "wilderness" of our back hillside. My husband says our neighbor has chickens so I looked for a coop but didn't see one. I gazed off at the highway and wondered where everyone was coming from or going to. In short, I just sort of did nothing. I was just kind of "there" for lack of a better term. 

As I walked back inside I reflected that I was "making time for time". Every day of the week I feel I need to be doing something. Some particular activity that has a name and a purpose. Well, what about just spending time doing not much of anything? Or was I really doing something? What's wrong with just "being"? Appreciating what is around you and the gift of time that you have been mysteriously given? I think it counts as something. Definitely worth the time.

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.