What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Getting Connected

On The Trail-Lake Alpine-Photo by Libby Fife
There are lots of things that I like about walking in public spaces, particularly those spots that are in a natural setting such as a park or recreation area. One of the best things about walking on a trail, apart from the walking and the scenery, is when people stop to talk with you. I love that they are taking the time to say hello and to make some conversation. Think about it for a minute. Saying hello to someone is a bit of a risk. The other person may not respond or may respond sort of coldly. So, I always appreciate the effort. And I do it myself. I try to say hello to everyone that I see. If the person seems receptive I make some small comment. If not, I just sort of keep going and try again with the next person. I also like just encountering people while out walking. To me, it's as if all of us like minded people are there doing the same things: exercising, feeling healthy, communing with nature and perhaps, like me, trying to experience the presence of the divine. And that is probably what I like the most. I feel like we are all there trying to get in touch with something, divine or otherwise. It makes me feel like I am part of something larger than myself, even if only for a few moments.
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.