What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Night and Day

Lake Alpine-Boat launch area across from resort (sort of).
What a difference a day makes! I took a drive up to Lake Alpine today to go for a hike. The weather was perfect (maybe about 80 degrees or so) and there were a fair amount of people there for a Tuesday. I ate my lunch on the shore looking out at the lake. I am happy to say that nothing bit me! On my way back I spotted these two kayakers. They each had a black dog on their boat. The man was exclaiming about a bird he saw, wondering if it was a duck. I was so happy to hear the man and woman sort of chatting back and forth, obviously enjoying things. I feel fortunate to be able to choose the types of activities that I can do and when I want to do them. I am also grateful for being physically fit enough to take this hike. It was 4.2 miles up and down some slopes and over some rocks. Just happy to keep going!
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.