What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Bright Spots

Big Chico Creek-photo by Libby Fife
This morning as I took my walk I tried to quiet my mind. No easy task! I use a counting routine to fall into cadence with my steps and to focus. Sort of like walking meditation I guess. 

I have been working away this weekend in a fair amount of silence. It's good to be able to concentrate. As I was reflecting this afternoon I realized that all throughout my day, I look for small moments of peace, which to me, means quiet time. Space to think.  Walking, as mentioned above, is time for that. Maybe even doing chores is a good time. Certainly while working is a good time, for me anyway. The times mentioned above can be used to sort things out, or to pray, or to meditate. I am thankful for this type of time. And lucky, both in having the time and in recognizing a good way to use it. Very thankful for my "bright spots."
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.