What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mixed Up In The Morning!

It's funny how thoughts and events must come together in our brains, get mixed up, and then reconfigured for presentation while we sleep. This morning I had a dream in which I was attending the first night of the Yom Kippur service known as Kol Nidre. It was being held in a gymnasium at CSUH. I had deposited an orange and white quilt at the door, much as you would check your coat at a restaurant. The cantor was there singing and I remember thinking that the melody was beautiful. I sat next to the cantor and she noticed somehow where I lived (just the street name) and asked me about available housing. She thought I lived in another city that coincidentally had the same street name. I was sorry that I couldn't help her. When it was time to leave I had to present my ticket to get my quilt (remember I checked it like a coat). I had to line up in a very long line and when the dream ended I still didn't have my quilt. I remember being very upset that I had to wait so long.

What does my dream mean? I don't know yet, really. But I will think about it today. Some meanings are obvious and some aren't. I offer up this article here by Paul J. Shelton, SJ as a way to consider the obvious and not so obvious.  In it he talks about his first year as a priest, finding Jesus in all things that he encounters. While our religious viewpoints are different, I relate to him in the idea that God is indeed in all things, even those things that on the surface, may not be as clear. My dream above contains ideas for me to consider; ideas that might contain some grace if I can find them. As I go about my business today I will be on the lookout for all of the signs, even the ones that at first seem just a little regular. (And read the article if you can. It was sweet.)

Libby

1 comment:

  1. Dear Libby- dreams have always interested me. Sometimes I can connect them with what is happening at the time. Others though leave me scratching my head. Visited your link. Wonderful thoughts. Thank you for this post. Take care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.