What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Living With the Layers

Tracy, CA
It's always such a shock to see the hills turn brown. It's like they are naked or something!

Just a couple of things. While driving home today I came upon two road accidents. The first involved a big rig that had caught fire. The second involved two vehicles that had a bit of a problem sharing the road. All I can say is thank goodness for first responders. I don't know what motivates people to do these sorts of jobs but we should always be mindful and grateful for their efforts. Honestly, for all the things that seem to go wrong there are so many more things that go right and are never talked about.

The second thing involves a post by Parker Palmer. The link is here. Parker's writing is new to me and so far I have enjoyed it. In this piece he references a poem by Stanley Kunitz, who is also new to me. I particularly liked the line in his poem about the "milestones dwindling towards the horizon."  In any case, Parker's piece is a reminder to me that accepting all the facets of who I am is part of becoming closer to God (I hope). Good, bad or indifferent (and I must look at and live with them all)  those things have brought me to the here and now, right now!

Happy Wednesday!
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.