What's It All About?

It's all too easy for days to pass without reflection. It's my hope that through a greater active awareness on each day, that I will be able to consider God's presence in my life and in the world around me. Writing has always been a way for me to round up my thoughts. This blog seems like a good place to park those thoughts for my own benefit as well as the benefit of others. Please take a moment to read what I have written, to offer comments, and to share the ideas with others.
Libby

Thursday, April 23, 2015

No Wrapping Required


No wrapping required...

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 45 which, as I write this, seems a little crazy. But it's true, that is my age. How I got to be this age, I couldn't say other than to mention that time marches on for each of us. My friend called and asked me what I had gotten for my birthday. I actually received a lot so I am putting it down in list form. All items are gifts in one way or another and maybe anyone reading can interpret for themselves how the things mentioned are gifts. For me, they are a reminder of God's presence-some are obvious and some are not. Here goes:

* I woke up! That was possibly the best gift of all. Safe and sound and very much alive in my own home.

* I made coffee and breakfast for my husband and fed my cats.

* I spent the day doing the things that make me happy: painting, walking, cooking and keeping my home clean, reading and talking to friends.

* Several cards, emails, and FB posts.

* My friend, recently divorced, is now doing well and seems incredibly happy. Her life is full again.

* My other friend has been with me for a very long time now. It seems like no time at all has passed. When I think of her it seems like just yesterday that we met.

* My cake turned out well...sort of! The frosting was quite good.

* The dinner was delicious and quiet-salmon, potatoes, and a lovely beet and avocado salad.

* I took a walk in near perfect weather. Rain would have been good but maybe sometime soon?

* I ended the day as I began it. Safe and sound in my own bed, with my cats, and my husband all in one piece and happy.

I am happy to have noticed these things to begin with. That doesn't always happen but I am trying. One last thing. I received a post in my email inbox.Sort of an unsolicited gift. Kind of.  This writer (Katrina Kenison) is new to me. In this post here she writes about some gifts that she recently received. It's nice to know that someone else is looking too.

Libby

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!
    I love your list and am happy to follow along here.
    You are a beautiful person inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Libby.
    Happy Birthday to you! So nice to know that you appreciate the really important things - I do too.
    A joy to read this!

    ReplyDelete

I am not into censorship but instead just feel that some caution is in order. Please comment freely.